The October 7, 2020 ZOOM Video General Meeting was called to order by Bill Harwell at 7:01 PM.
CVARS Board Nominations:
- Next Amateur Radio Test Session 10/17.
- Centralia ARES 10/19.
- Lewis County ARES 10/21.
- Electronics Wrkshop 10/29.
- 5th Saturday ARES Exercise 10/31.
- Sunday night HF net, 3.985 MHz LSB, 7:40 PM.
- Sunday night CVARS net, Penning Hill repeater, 8:00 PM.
- President (1 year term): Bill Knepper, N7GWK
- Vice President (1 year term): Don Lockridge, AI7CE
- Secretary (1 year term): John Campeau, AD6KT
- Treasurer (2 year term): Cheryl Freese, NW7Z
- At Large (2 year term): John Ellingson, K7OSK
Elections will be held via electionrunner.com
after the November meeting.
PROGRAM - "HAZARDOUS MATERIALS":
Ken Adams discussed hazardous materials that are all around us and
how to respond to them. The meaning of the hazardous placards on
road and rail vehicles is documented in the
"Emergency Response Guidebook (ERG)."
A free .pdf copy of the ERG can be found
the Resources tab.
The "Cargo Decoder" application for Android and iOS devices gives quick access
to specific ERG data based on the 4-digit code on the placard.
Ken introduced the NFPA 704 label found on buildings that contain hazardous materials.
for more information.
Ken presented the acronym IDEA
to guide responding to a hazardous situation:
ssess the situation.
The meeting adjourned at 8:22 PM. There were at least 15 people attending.